Re: Garage Heat...

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garage Heat...
From: "Gordie Bird" <mg_bird@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 06:36:20 -0500
Dan,
My neighbor and I share a small propane heater that mounts atop a standard
20# propane tank (like is used for a backyard gas barbeque).  I have a 3 car
insulated/drywalled that has a duct from my home furnace as well.  It heats
my garage from the coldest it gets (@38) to 65 in @ 20 min.  Neighbors
garage in 2 1/2 car (uninsulated last year)and he lets it run all the time
when working and is sufficient.  Costs about $80 from Home Depot and 1 tank
of gas lasts 5 - 6 hrs.
HTH

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB
86 Audi 4kq
98 Audi  A4 Avant 2.8q
98 Audi A4 1.8tq

Here are my requirements -

> 1) I don't want to spend a fortune.
> 2) I don't need the garage to be 70 degrees, just warm enough to
>    work out there without a coat and using my latex gloves without
>    freezing my fingers.
> 3) I don't want to spend a fortune.
> 4) I'd rather not go electric.
> 5) I'd like something self-contained/portable, versus plumbing a
>    system.
> 6) Because I have both MG's, 7 (soon to be 8!) bikes, a lawnmower, a
>    snow thrower and various and sundry other items out there, it can't
>    take up a bunch of space.
> 7) I don't want to spend a fortune.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list