RE: Rear brakes locking--problem found

To: KD6BGO@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Rear brakes locking--problem found
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 03:43:19 -0500
I have an overhauled one available.

Needs airtravel to Amsterdam though...

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT

-----Original Message-----
From: KD6BGO@aol.com [mailto:KD6BGO@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 1:22 AM
To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear brakes locking--problem found

Hello list,

  About three weeks ago I mailed the list with a problem on my 69 BGT. The
rear brakes were locking and not releasing. I thought I would share with the

list what the problem turned out to be, just in case someone else ever
suffers from the same problem.
  My master cylinder is the dual line non-servo(no power assist) type. There

is a piston link between the front and rear master cylinder pistons that
pulls the rear brake piston back upon releasing the brakes(there is no
return
spring for the rear piston). This link was broken!!
  I have ordered a new master cylinder, however, if anyone on the list has
one of these piston links they would like to part with, I would be
interested. I haven't found this part in any rebuild kits offered.
                                                                    Mike,
69BGT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list