Re: starting saga....continued

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: starting saga....continued
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:51:51 -0000
As others have implied, try replacing the electronic ignition with a
bog-standard points/coil system.  Electronic modules are notoriously
difficult to test as they all have different operating characteristics and
can usually only be tested by substitution.  Your original  "only fired just
when you turned the key on and just when you released it" implies a problem
with the gizmo inside the distributor or incorrect wiring.

PaulH.