OT-No LBC Opinion DSL vs Broadband?

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT-No LBC Opinion DSL vs Broadband?
From: Alan Pfau <apfau@ismi.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 09:51:54 -0600
Hi All,
        I'm sorry to bomb the list with this, but thought you all may be a good
source for opinions. Ameritech is offering a decent deal on DSL (free modem,
activation and 1 month paid for - after that 49.95 per month)
        I was thinking of upgrading our current computer and provider as a
family X-mas gift anyway. Does anyone have a preference for broadband vs DSL.
Ameritech claims equivalent speeds (slightly faster at peak times). It uses
existing phone line and allows calls in and out, even during use.
        I was considering broadband through my cable supplier, at roughly the
same monthly rate.
        Any comments?

TIA,

Alan Pfau