Re: Is this a rip off?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is this a rip off?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:52:59 +1030
Barrie Robinson wrote:

> I noticed you can buy genuine MGB adverts from magazines on eBay for
> $6.  If my memory serves me correctly I can buy whole magazines for $2-$4
> at the flea market stalls and get lots of adverts.  But what a great ploy
> and I bet tons of people fall for it.  Or am I missing some subtle point?

It would have to be mostly the convenience factor.

If you are looking MGB adverts (to decorate your den or whatever) and
you can't be bothered spending the time, energy (and gas) hunting
through flea markets, then you can just pick them up with a few
mouseclicks on the 'Net.  This is especially so if there are specific
adverts (or whatever) that you are chasing which may mean extra hunting
time/energy/expense.

It depends on what value you put on your time, too.  Or if you have that
time available.

How do businesses survive offering dog washing, dog walking, lawn
mowing, house cleaning, etc?  All things that generally you could do
yourself and probably cheaper.

Oh yeah, and the 'impulse' factor comes into it, too.

"Wow, that looks great - I want it... NOW".

;-)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII