Re: Bulb Replacement

To: LROB143@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bulb Replacement
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 17:00:21 -0600
At 05:34 PM 11/4/01 -0500, Larry Roberts <LROB143@aol.com> wrote:
>Anyone know if the local (US) auto parts store #1156 (single filament) and
>#1157 (double filament) bulbs are suitable replacements for the rear tail
>lights on my 1962 MGA MkII or do I have to go to Moss or VB? .... The
>bulbs don't seem to fit snug enough and move around a bit, not making a
>very good connection ....

The 1156 and 1157 bulbs are fine, and the ones you get from Moss or V.B.
will be identical.  The sockets are just generically loose by
design.  Sometimes it helps if you can bend the flexible contacts forward a
bit.  If you have a problem with bad contacts, put a little silicone grease
on them after cleaning.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg