mga engine replacement

To: <stargazer1@home.com>
Subject: mga engine replacement
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:51:40 -0800
Dave said"
I don't know where you are, but $2700 sounds awfully high. Try calling a
few machine shops and see what they want to rebuild the engine."

Just had mine rebuilt by Performance Motors near Seattle for 2500 bucks. New
cam, lifters, 3 angle grind, larger stainless valves, double row cam chain,
rebore cylinders, new pistons and pins, reground crank, line bore cam and
new bearings, and new pump.  Also the engine was balanced. Got the parts and
labor bill and it all seemed in order.  This was just for the long block,
since I removed and reinstalled the engine. Does anyone else think this is
high?

Kind regards,

Tim Economu
1969 MGBGT