RE: Procedure to remove the transmission

To: "Ryan, Wesley" <wryan@giplastek.com>, "'Bob Howard'"
Subject: RE: Procedure to remove the transmission
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:15:12 -0600
Doing this from memory so someone please help if I leave anything out.

Remove the driveshaft from the rear of the transmission.  I always take the
drive shaft all the way out to check the universals.  Remove the clutch
slave cylinder from the side of the transmission.  Tie the slave cylinder up
out of the way so it doesnt hang by the hose.  Remove the speedometer cable
from the transmission.  Inside the cockpit, remove the ring holding the
gearshift boot on.  Then remove the gearshift lever by removing the three
bolts holding it to the top of the tranny.    Since you already have the
engine out, the only thing left holding the tranny in should be the cross
member under the tranny.  With the tranny securely supported, remove the
bolts holding the cross member to the frame.  I normally loosen all 4 bolts
a bit, then remove one from each side, then carefully remove the other two,
but I normally remove the tranny along with the engine.  Be careful, the
tranny will get very wobbly as you remove the cross member.

Good Luck, this should be pretty easy.

Ken