needle selection

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: needle selection
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 16:57:29 +0000
Can someone please detail how to go about performing the SU needle selection
process or point me to a place that does (wish the archive was still up).  I
had a look at the program on Paul's site
http://www.teglerizer.com/suneedledb/index.html but there is no description
on how to get to the values.  I remember a mentioning of driving your car on
a quiet road at varying RPM's, shuting down the ignition, then checking the
plugs for lean/rich.  Then using your current needle as the base you look
for needles that are richer in the station you need it richer and leaner
where leaner needed.

How do you split up the varying results?  2000rpm - station 3, 3000rpm
-station 6?

Dereck
70 B