RE: argh! moss gasket lottery.

To: "'Mark and kathy LaPierre'" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>,
Subject: RE: argh! moss gasket lottery.
From: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:15:40 -0800
moss were very nice and sent replacements from their other warehouse, we
shall see what arrives. I'm tempted by the metal gasket option, does nayone
know whether the standard metal gaskets sold by the likes of jcwhitney (
http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=51941&BQ=jcw2 ) fit an
mg? for that matter does anyone have a catalytic converter for a 79Mgb lying
around so that the could tell me the inner diamater of the intake pipe, and
the distance between the fixing bolts on the intake pipe (with those
measurements i figure i can see if a generic part will do the trick).

thanks to mark, and everyone for their advice

cheers

Joe

Dr. Joseph Garner,
University of California,