Re: argh! moss gasket lottery.

To: "Garner, Joseph P." <JPGarner@UCDavis.Edu>,
Subject: Re: argh! moss gasket lottery.
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:08:28 -0600
Hi Joe,
     The cars seem to run the same with or without that heater connected.
Why not just leave it disconnected.  That cable likes to melt or gets very
brittle as it sits on the valve cover anyway, so what the heck.   It may
help in very cold climates but who drives them when its that cold anyway.

    I would certainly call Moss about that gasket problem.  That is a pain
in the arse to replace again.  I have seen a metal adapter (gasket) used in
that area that seems to last forever if it doesn't weld itself to one of
your pipes.

Mark