Seat back mechanism

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat back mechanism
From: Ray Wygonik <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:23:40 -0500
I have been away from the list for sometime now, though my mgb has continued
to be a daily driver.

My driver seat back adjustment mechanism.has given up the ghost. It appears
as if the teeth on the adustment mechanism are wore and they will not hold
when any pressure (as in sitting normally) is applied to it.   The only way
I can keep if from laying back all the way back is to block it with a couple
2 x 4's.  I have not wanted to take it apart and take the car off the road
now with winter shut down just around the corner.

Has anybody had this problem?  I do not see where any of the supplier
catalogs list any parts for the seat back mechanism so new does not seemed
to be an option.  Just want an idea what I am in store for.  Will I have to
find another used seat or do you think I could fabricate new parts?   I
didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the mechanism when I was rebuilding
the car and can't picture what it looks like.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///