Re: Importing a MG from England

To: Robin Camblin <rcamblin2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Importing a MG from England
From: "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:25:51 -0600
On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 07:22:41PM -0600, Robin Camblin wrote:
> I received a call from someone interested in bringing their 1980 MGB with
> them when they relocate from England to Los Angeles.
>
> Not having any experience with something like this I'd like to hear what is
> involved in the process, so I can pass along the information to them, plus
> just curious also.
>
> I did give them the telephone numbers to the MG Owners Club and and the MG
> Car Club in England to see if they could get the info locally.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Rob Camblin
> 60 MGA (in process)
> 51 TD

Hmm, well, I'm sure it can be shipped over. I had a friend that bought
a new Volvo in Sweden and had it shipped over, and got a free vacation out
of the savings.

But, moving to Los Angeles is a problem. The car has to have all the
smog equipment installed and working to get licensed in California.
When  I lived in San Diego 10 years ago, the car had to be inspected
every other year. LA might be every year.

Did the home market MG have all the same stuff (ZS, catalytic converter,
air pump, etc) installed as the US models?

Paul.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///