Factory hard top

To: "Mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Factory hard top
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:36:30 -0500
I just finished a rebuild of a factory hardtop. Fortunately, none of the
aluminum trim was missing, but all the rubber trim was shot. I was able to
get really excellent replacements from MacGregor Car Parts. Not exactly
cheap, but of the very best quality. Toll free 1 877 777 6381, or try the
web site for more info  www.macgregorukcarparts.com

Martin may be able to help you source some of the hard parts.

Smoothline will be of no help. None of the trim for the original Parish top,
which they now produce, is the same as the factory top, I own one of each.

One part you can get from other sources is the retainer & seal, top to
windshield frame, as it is the same as the one for the convertible top. I
had a spare on hand, otherwise, I would have gotten it from Martin as well.

Wish I was on commission....

Jim Stuart

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list