Re: MGA Chrome Bumpers --Restore or Replace?

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGA Chrome Bumpers --Restore or Replace?
From: Charlie & Jennifer Schellinck <jschelli1@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:16:57 -0800
Well having looked at both the orignals and replacemnts, if money was no
object I would go with the origanals as they are a better looking bumper,
The cost to get them re-chromed can be very expensive. I would get a couple
of quotes to see how much it would be to get them done. The repros are
fairly good but is is easy to spot a re-pro. All lines in the repro are more
rounded and not so defiend. What ever you make shure you keep the orignals
and perhaps get them rechomed in a few years when you can afford it. Knock
offs are much better repros so going with them might be cheaper but dont
throw away the origianals. My advice go shoping then take the cheaper
option.
Adam Schellinck
1970 MGB Roadster

///