Re: MGA Chrome Bumpers --Restore or Replace?

To: peter@guagenti.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA Chrome Bumpers --Restore or Replace?
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:20:36 EST
In a message dated 11/25/2001 4:58:08 PM Central Standard Time,
peter@guagenti.com writes:

> Which is better, to have the parts restored or to simply replace them?  This
> car is intended to be a regular driver, not a show car, so originality is
> not key to me.  Also, I'm trying to keep my total investment down.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Regards.
>
> -peterg
> '62 MGA MkII DeLuxe

Hi guy,

I am faced with the same dilemma on my 62MKII roadster. I called the only
place that offered chrome plating in the local phone book and they wanted
$250 apiece to rechrome each bumper !!!  I was astounded....The existing
bumpers are not that bad on my vehicle so I decided to keep them as is for
now. But in the future when I do replace them I will probably go the brand
new route. I never realized that rechroming was so expensive. Its
ridiculous.......

                                                 Bill Dillstrom
1962 MGA MKII Roadster

///