Rallyes, was Cars For Sale On List????

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rallyes, was Cars For Sale On List????
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 17:49:14 -0500
Jim Nazarian mentions, "...drive your MG along the Blue Ridge Parkway for an
hour or 10. You'll
never forget it."

I say Amen to that!

That and (PCH away from the cities) are two of the best drives I've ever
taken in the U.S.  And, I've had the pleasure of doing each multiple times.
Most were courtesy of auto importers or manufacturers who held new car
introductions in locations like Asheville, NC & Charlottesville, VA, San
Diego, Napa and Monterey, CA.  And, then there have been the "gotta drive
that way to see a client" trips.  I often wished I had my MGB on those
trips, except on those occasions when I was pushing some manufacturer's
sports cars to their limits.  Rumor had it that the companies paid the local
cops to go on vacation during these events.

Thanks to these "business" trips, I've been able to drive the coast highway
from Seattle to San Diego & Blue Ridge Pkwy. from one end to the other.

Another great MG road is the stretch of a 2-lane road past a "petrified
forest" between Napa & Healdsburg, CA.  Only a couple of miles, but a
constant left, right. left, right, etc.  Get into the rhythm & have fun.

Norm Sippel, former auto writer, inveterate traveler
'66 MGB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///