Re: Hi Good people....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hi Good people....
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 19:32:05 +1030
michelle pountney wrote:

> the mid life crisis has bit hard and I'm suddenly the proud owner of a 1968
> Mk1 O/D MGB.

Hey, I resemble that comment!

> I'm hoping I can get some advice from time to time from more experianced
> owners of the marque.

But you might have to put up with people like me instead (seeing as I
live just down the road from you).

> She has a weber carby conversion and whilst the top end is great she
> wont idle below 1000 RPM. Is this normal????

Sounds about right for a weber ;-)  I'm sorry, but I still have not
found a weber conversion that can either idle nicely or not have a
gaping hole when you put the foot down from idle (the type that just
about makes you put your face through the windscreen, especially when
you are wearing just the lap seatbelt.  My SUs are as smooth as silk all
the way.

> I live in Australia and with summer approaching was wondering if the
> electric fan conversion is really worth the money????
>

>From my experience and from the musings of fellow clubmembers,
absolutely.  Get rid of that horsepower sucking thing that the poor
little motor has to spin around and get yourself a BIG electric fan (and
thermostatic switch if, like me, you can tend to forget to switch the
fan on on 38C degree days).

There ya go.  That is about as positive as you will ever get me, but
expect different experiences from different owners in different
countries and from different era (and with different year 'Bs).

Now - where the heck in Australia are you?

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

///