Re:Hi Good people....

To: mpountney@primus.com.au, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Hi Good people....
From: "Dereck C" <derex39@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 17:33:18 +0000
Welcome to the list Smithy.  I can't help you with the weber idle but I can
tell you when I lived in Brisbane a couple of years back I had a 67B with an
electric fan.  When I bought the car it had a blown head gasket.  I had the
head reconditioned and put a new gasket on it.  I also changed the fan to a
power lead supplied from a constant on power source (moved it from one
connection on the fuse block to another).  I did this so when I turned the
car off the fan would run until the radiator temp was below 180 (about 3
minutes).  Performance of the fan was questionable though (I didn't have a
water pump mounted fan) it ran full time when the weather was warm.  I would
say it would be a nice supplemental feature.

My current B (70 in Washington DC) is a different story.  I had to recore
the radiator this summer, used a higher cooling capacity core.  Some even
suggest going to an aluminum variety.  I also switched to a plastic water
pump mounted fan, added some foam in the area between the rad and the frame
to make sure all of the air flow goes through the rad.  Car almost runs too
cool now, at least according to the gauge.  Check out this link from a local
club member.

http://www.mgcarclubdc.com/radiator.html

Dereck
70 B