Re: Need some advice

To: "Generation" <budman@generation.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need some advice
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:44:02 -0500
What part of TO? I'm in the High Park area doing an A concours
restoration. It would help us to know a little about the previous
history incl compression numbers of your car, OTW no way of saying
if its a good bet to skip an engine overhaul (a thou in parts).
First get a Moss catalogue so that you can peg down panel and mech
actual costs. Your mechanic cannot estimate a brake budget without
first stripping all the components. If you have corrosion/pitting,
a new or rebored master cylinder alone is a few hundred.
Reconditioned head, rust repairs, sill replacement, prep and paint
and no facilities will add up. A late B driver can be had for less
than 10K CDN, so u gotta be careful.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug