Re: Audi/VW 1.8T into MGB (What did you say, Kai?)

To: <Aeseeyou@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Audi/VW 1.8T into MGB (What did you say, Kai?)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:49:58 -0500
> Hey wait a minute weren't you the one that came unglued or
>  unscrewed as it were when I mentioned a friends hobby of putting
> 2.6 litre V-6's with S-10 5 speeds into MGB's. Something about the
> sacrosanct intrinsicality of the original MGB design being violated by
> putting a non-MGB engine into the car.Now you're going Do it! Do it!
> Hah! Even the blind shall see, and the lame will buy Miatas! I knew
> an intellegent man like yourself would come around. Still I'm keeping
> my 1978 MGB as stock as the day it rolled out of  the factory. All 95
> bhp of brutal power! Albert Escalante

No that wasn't me.  I may fly off the handle over some topics (usually about
kids owning LBCs), but not about engine conversions... I admit to cringing
when I know someone has taken a perfectly good B motor out of a car to do an
engine conversion, but it's still person's business.  I fully advocate using
drivetrain-less shells for whatever conversion you wish to do... as you
still end up preserving a car.

And if you think your _stock_ 1978 MGB has 95bhp of power, then that British
Leyland salesman really pulled a number on you.

Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///