Re: Non LBC Radio Removal Help

To: "Ronald Olds" <tr6@pipeline.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Non LBC Radio Removal Help
From: "David Hill" <davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:36:08 -0000
Hi Ron,

Don't know if it's the same on U.S. radios but the arrangement on European
radios is like this...

Two small (about 3/16") holes at each side, i.e. one in each corner. These
may have Allen screws in to cover the mechnism beneath; if so, they come out
first.

The holes accept special removal tools. These are U-shaped, made of about
1/8" dia. steel rod and have shaped ends - hard to describe - bit like a
bullet shape with a waist where they meet the shaft of the rod. You should
be able to get them from a car spares or car audio shop.

Push one tool in each side, into the respective upper and lower holes, so
that the 'U's look like handles, one at each side of the radio fascia. When
the tools are far enough in, they click.
Grab each 'handle', pull them slightly apart and then pull the whole shoot
towards you, i.e. towards the back of the car.

You may need to wriggle the things a bit to get the unit clear but when you
see the sprung tags that the tools retract, you'll see how it all works.

Good Luck and Merry Xmas

Dave Hill
York UK
'72 BGT
'94 Vauxhall Cavalier - with Eurofit radio!