RE: "MGR" Body Kit for MGB

To: "'Kai M. Radicke'" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: RE: "MGR" Body Kit for MGB
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:39:23 -0800
Kai:

        Thanks for the web site info.  I've had a number of folks interested
in the RV8 conversion panels, but havn't had any first hand experience.
I've got a nasty feeling that fit and finish may be similar to the GTS
fender flare kit.  It takes a lot of time and care to get the car looking
first rate.

        As for the original RV8 panels, a friend of mine bought the bumpers
and hood to fit to his late model B.  The panels were extremely expensive
and both the panels and car required MASSIVE modifications.  He was planning
on making molds from the modified bumpers, but then fell off the face of the
planet.  His car appears more attractive than the one shown on the web page
with bumper conversion only, so I think he may have done more reshaping.
His car is lowered with Porsche 944 wheels and the effect works quite well.
The 3.9 V8, four wheel discs and RV8 hood make the conversion complete.

Kelvin Dodd.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///