Re: Replacing a lost car number plate

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: Replacing a lost car number plate
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 19:33:53 -0600
Albert and Group,

  If I understand right, from the orientation of the plate holes, I have an
early. (It stands on end).  Any suggestion on where to get it stamped and
how to attach it short of pop rivets?

How can I tell for sure if my 1967 is a Mk. I or Mk. II MGB?   Here are my
car's numbers:

Car Number              GHN3 / 112153
Body Number             MGB 096764
Engine Number   18V672Z-L26266

I can't wait till my catalogs and manuals get here as I have no reference
material outside the web.

Thanks
Patton

At 06:44 PM 12/28/2001, Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:
>I made a quick review of where VIN numbers are placed according to "Original
>MGB" With MGC and MGB GT V8 by Ditlev Clausager (Bay View Books/1994) And the
>year 1967 was divided into early and late 1967. Early '67 Mk. I MGB shows 1
>(one) VIN plate and it's a rectangular plate mounted standing vertically with
>the MG logo at the top end. It appears to run parallel with the inner wing
>valance radiator support.The  Late '67 Mk.II MGB's show 2 (two) plates that
>are rectangular but with rounded ends, these were mounted horizontally (long
>ways) just below where the fender (wing) is bolted to the inner wing. Anyway
>its on page 121 (The identification section starts at page 118.)  I hope this
>hasn't thoroughly confused you. Albert Escalante 1978 MGB

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
1965 Corvair Monza 110/4sp 'vert
1967 MGB

New Website!!!!  All New Format!!! All New Location!!!!
http://carport.virtualave.net/

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///