Zero Oil Pressure

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Zero Oil Pressure
From: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 19:56:47 -0700
Just turned over the 18V engine (1974) I put in my '67B.  No oil pressure!
Last time I did a rebuild, the same thing happened and I discovered I had
used the wrong oil pump gasket.  I remember being glad it was on the '77,
because you can remove the oil pan w/o pulling the engine.  This time I was
especially careful to check gaskets, although I was not clear on the
difference. SO:
1. Can anybody please explain the difference.

2. What else should I look for?

3. Is it possible to pull the pan after loosening the engine mounts and
jacking up the engine a bit?

HELP!!!

Bill Meyer

///