Re: Help!...Questions

To: nordling@mediaone.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Help!...Questions
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 23:26:38 EST
Hi! Newbie here to the list.  Grew up in a 1966 B and now in process of
buying a 71 MGB in Massachusetts. Starting my mid life crisis early! I have
a few questions for the old school listers.....

I'm close by here in RI and have a 66 B...welcome to your midlife crisis.

#1.  The chassis number shows car as a July 1971 However, the interior has
the dash with glovebox and grille is the 73 honeycomb style. Also has the
full length tunnel console. The number on the plate matches the VIN number
under windshield.  Can't see the engine number yet.  What IS this car??

I don't know...my guess is the PO did some components swapping...not unusual.
I've had my car for 25 years and have seen a lot of "mixing and matching" of
incorrect parts....usually from unaware or inexperienced PO's.

#2.  Steering wheel has some play in it.  Can be wiggled forward in back
(pistoning) and slightly up and down (rocking)  Any thoughts?

Needs a rebuild. Could be anything....worn bushings and (or) bad rack. Not
that expensive....you could always find used parts on the list if a new price
scares you.

#3 Needs carpet kit and door panels.  What company sells the best quality
and fit for these items?

Interior kits are everywhere. I'm President of BMCNE and our VP runs a
company called "British Parts Locator". He specializes in complete
interiors.....so have no fear, this is probably the easiest part of the
project.

Enjoy your restoration and look us up. We'll be at the Wachusett Village Inn
on the 8-11th of August, 2002

Bob Stahlbush
18 Browne Dtreet
Cranston, RI 02920
(401)-944-8727 (h)
(401)-431-1791 ext. 26 (w)

66 MGB GHN3L 78708 (A fresh engine WITH overdrive by Spring)
60 TR3A TS81398L (hopefully next summer)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///