Major series GB rebuild dilemma

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Major series GB rebuild dilemma
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 08:02:10 EST
Hi listers,
I have a major problem. I've already torn down GB-RU-H-11786 for a major
rebuild. The machine shop has already bored the block .030" over to
accomodate new pistons.
The GB series engine has pistons with a 3" skirt and I'm having a serious
problem finding .030" overs for this rebuild.
I guess I have a few options here, but it's frustrating to get this far into
the program and have a hiccup like this.
My dilemma.....should I just sleeve the block, put new rings on my existing
pistons or use the later 2.4" skirted pistons at .030" over?
If I use later pistons, will I need new connecting rods also?
The wisdom of the list will be MOST appreciated.
TIA
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398L