Re: Racin' Midgets Was: Newbie (kinda long)

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Racin' Midgets Was: Newbie (kinda long)
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:09:32 -0800
Hi Bob, welcome to the list!

Your background reminded me of something; I want to go racing really,
really bad.  Maybe this year my 66 B will finally be done and I can
take it out for some H Stock AutoX.

I would love a dedicated race car though (not that I have the room
but when did common sense ever enter into this?).  I've been waffling
between several different marques as a platform, my most recent kick
was to start with a ratty 73-74 Porsche 914 2.0 but I can't seem to
get the idea of having a lil racing Spridget out of my head...

Are there any good websites and/or books on converting a Midget to
racing specs?  What are the common mods?  How competitive could you
expect to be?  I was reading the recent SCCA Nationals results in
GRM and noticed there were one or two Midgets.  I think one of them
had a rotary engine swap or some other FrankenMod though :)

I'm sure there are some back issues of GRM that have some info,
but their back issues stock is pretty limited.

(GRM = Grassroots Motorsport Magazine)

Thanks
Skye

> In all, I've owned 87 cars and trucks since age 15.

Wow.... I'd like to see your garage.

-
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///