Re: Mini Rantings...

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mini Rantings...
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 18:14:59 -0600
Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Strange but true - I received this from MINI-USA today -
>
> BASE MSRP FOR MINI COOPER:      $16,850
> BASE MSRP FOR MINI COOPER S:    $19,850

Hey! Not bad! Their BMW Cooper S, brand new, is worth $150 less than
my 1967 Morris Cooper S. I'll also bet my car is considerably faster
than theirs and handles far better.     ;)

> I actually happen to like the "new Mini" although I don't view it as a
> true successor to the "real" Mini. I think it's a nice small BMW that is
> affordable and looks pretty cool. And I like the fact that it's being
> built in Merrye Olde... I do think they are going overboard by taking on
> the many folks who have kept the brand afloat. It seems a shame that that
> has to happen, and it's surprising that it's happening outside
> litigiously-inclined America! (Oopps, sorry, the US of A)...

Fact is I like it too and might even have got myself one if they
hadn't pirated the Mini name and behaved like creeps in the bargain.
I suspect one reason they haven't tried their bully-boy tactics here
is that we are far more likely to countersue and they know we know
they have deep pockets.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com