Pertronix ignition and coil

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pertronix ignition and coil
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:54:34 -0600
Hi all,
        Thanks to a generous gift certificate to the Little
British Car Company from Jim Schulte, I bought a pertronix.

        I'm certain I have the correct EI, the LU-141 for my
'77B. It has a dizzy with the big block on the side, the
amplifier. The Moss catalog calls it the 'Opus'.

        Anyway, I think I bought the wrong coil, but I also
think, it probably doesn't matter. I got the 3 OHM 40,000v
Flame Thrower. A quick glance at the install instructions said
that this is for non-ballasted systems, and if you want
ballasted,
then get the 1.5 OHM or remove the ballast.

        So, should I return it or remove the ballast? And the
ballast is the resistor block on the side right?

Paul.
'77B (still sleeping in a barn though it was 45F in Minnesota
yesterday!)

You know, that brings up another question. With this non-existent
weather we're having here (it's like SoCal :-), I'm considering
storing the B on site next winter. I have a graveled area on
the side of my house, shaded by my deck, my shed and 4 80-100
year
old oaks. I'm pretty certain I can get the B there, but I'm
thinking
of shelter. Zoning laws prohibit another outbuilding, but I gotta
believe I can put a car tent up there. Anybody have any
experience
with http://www.coverit.com? I sent mail asking for a price quote
but got nothing. A friend of mine said he saw something like it
as Sam's Club (Walmart membership club thing) for somewhere
between
$150-$200.

This would let me tinker during the winter (ok, if I do this, it
would
guarantee below zero for most of December, January and part of
February,
but the snowmobilers up here are looking rather depressed. :-)

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155

///