RE: MGB Brake Light Trouble

To: smitty29832@msn.com
Subject: RE: MGB Brake Light Trouble
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:11:50 -0500
Take the switch out of the pedal cover.
Connect both leads to the switch contact pins. The meter should indicate a
short circuit.
When pressing the switch acturator (small pin near the screw thread of the
switch) the meter should read infinite ohms.
If this does not happen, the switch is defect. Maybe the actuator is stuck
and this maybe solved with some cleaning solvent and/or light oil. Use
pliers to do this.

Cheers

Hans