MGB's Featured in Feb. 2002 Practical Classics & B-J Auction

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB's Featured in Feb. 2002 Practical Classics & B-J Auction
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:19:56 -0500
While browsing a newsstand today, I spied the cover of the new issue of
Practical Classics.  It features a beautiful Mineral Blue (my favorite MGB
color) early B.  Headline is, "Five MGBs: 1000 bhp."

The seven page article covers 5 B's ranging from the stock cover car to a
stock looking B roadster that costs 32,500 Pounds.  Why so much?  Because,
it is powered by a 330 hp turbocharged Cosworth engine and has numerous mods
to the suspension to handle all that power.  In addition to a beautiful &
powerful engine, that B has the most sanitary engine bay I've ever seen.
Wow!  Imagine having all that power under your right foot!  Kinda like a
Corvette I'd imagine.

Speaking of high performance - any of you see the Speedvision coverage of
the Barrett Jackson Auction?  High price tonight was for a 1967 Camaro.
Yes, that's right, a Camaro.  Just not ANY Camaro though.  It was a
documented Yenko Camaro.  Went for $110,000!!!!!!!!  Makes me wish I had
kept the '68 Firebird 400 convertible I bought when I sold my first MGB.

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list