Re: ballast resistor's

To: "mgs list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ballast resistor's
From: "Carter Tuggle" <goutvols2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:18:31 -0600
Today I went looking for a short.  Needless to say I didn't find one.  With
the engine running I can put my cheap alternator tester on the battery posts
and it shows 14 volts normal.  If I Turn on the windshield wipers it starts
to flicker ( the tester that is).  If I turn on the lights it goes down to
13.5 volts and you can hear the difference in the sound of the engine.
Could it be something other than the alternator?