Re: Carb question, grinding into third

To: "Mike Nordling" <nordling@mediaone.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb question, grinding into third
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:56:02 -0000
1.  Screw it back in, but if it does it again the threads have been
stripped, probably on the plastic damper screw.  If you can't get a
replacement easily you may be able to jury-rig a clamp to hold it in, some
performance applications have this as standard.  BTW, it can be caused by
having too thick an oil in the dashpots, it should be engine oil, typically
20W/50.  Being unscrewed wouldn't affect idle but you would get weak mixture
and hesitation under acceleration.