Re: Dist. replacement.

To: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dist. replacement.
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:30:23 -0600
At 10:26 AM -0800 1/28/2002, Wil Boucher wrote:
>I am planning an replacing my distributor, middle of February.
>
>Wanted to know is the wisdom of the list could tell what the best options
>would be, rebuilt/new?
>
>Are there any modern replacements that would be preferable?
>
>Is there anything that is related that I should replace at the same time
>(Coil? Wires? plugs?)
>
>Thanks in advance...
>
>Wil
>1969 B Roadster, Daily driver, a work in progress...

I'd go with a rebuild 25D. The original with a Petronix ignitor is
the most dependable combination  that Ive found so far. Some would
suggest a Mallory, but I've not had good luck with the bearings in
them, an experience shared by many friends. However YMMV

--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/

///