Departing the List With Great Sadness

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Departing the List With Great Sadness
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:49:00 -0500
I have been a member of this list for several years and have really enjoyed
being a part of the list.  I have gotten a lot of good advice and help from
many members on the list.  I have made several friends on the list as well
and hope to continue to see them at the various car shows my family and I
attend.  I have supported the list.  When asked, I contributed money, when I
meet a fellow MG enthusiast, I wholeheartedly recommend they sign up on the
list, ask questions and contribute when possible.  When I fired up my
computer I really looked forward to seeing all the postings from the list.
Learning things about MGs I never even thought about.
However, I am tried of being belittled and demeaned by a member of the list.
I am uncomfortable asking questions or making suggestions for fear of being
zinged by this member.  Most of the time I take it in stride, but not this
time.  I will give him credit he did it directly to me and not on the list.
This time in a personal email he called me names, questioned my integrity
and my professional abilities.  You can call me names and you can criticize
my professional performance, which he did, but the one thing I will not
tolerate is anyone questioning my integrity.  He has done all of these
things over a simple question about paint codes.  Even worse, I allowed him
to drag me down to his level, when I responded in kind. For this I am
ashamed.  I try to take the high road whenever possible and I let him get my
goat.  However, I will always guard my integrity with great zeal.
This list is about love of MGs, people and camaraderie in the pursuit of
keeping these beautiful machines on the road.  It is not about someone
asking a question that someone else my deem as stupid or a waste of time and
voicing that very thought.  It is not about deprecatory comments about or
directed at individuals or there inputs.  All one has to do is hit his
delete key and ignore the postings that don't interest him.  I am sure there
will be those that will be upset that I have "wasted" bandwidth with such a
long email and "non-related" car topic.  To you I apologize for wasting this
space.
As much as I would like to name this individual I will not.  He knows who he
is.  I would venture to say several others know him as well having been on
the wrong end of wrath and biting comments.  It is a shame he is so hateful,
he is a very knowledgeable person and offers the list so much, but I am not
going to put up with it anymore.  Please do not take my exit from the list
as cowardice, but with individuals like this the only way to win is ignore
them.
I hope most of you will take the time to correspond with me via my home
email from time to time.  Perhaps in time I will return to the list, I do
enjoy it so much.  Good luck and God bless.
Mike Razor
mrazor@mis.net

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list