Re: Distributor choices - marking locations

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>,
Subject: Re: Distributor choices - marking locations
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:04:07 -0000
2 6 3 is a strange one, much less than all bar one I have listed for the
MGB, and hardly seems worth the bother.  The capsules are interchangeable so
any old capsule could have been put on either dizzie at some time in the
past.  Also rebuilders are not always fussy about which case they use as a
donor - or which parts they use inside IME.

An NA 1974 CB with HIFs should have an 18V 672 or 673 which should have a
41491.  41692 or 41693 are pretty close centrifugally but have more vacuum -
could get pinking on light-throttle acceleration.  41600 also but has no
vacuum.  41695 has less vacuum - possibly poorer cruising economy.