RE: Departing the list, top up (sigh), and a new car...

Subject: RE: Departing the list, top up (sigh), and a new car...
From: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 10:40:08 -0500
> Some folks find great bravery in the "relative"
> anonymity of an e-mail message.

<rant>
Yeah. Evidently here in Ohio we aren't all so technologically advanced: I
received an anonymous *postcard* yesterday at the Cafe:

"The quality of your daily specials is slipping. Be aware now!"

No indication of who it was, what they ate, when they ate it, nothing.
Nothing that can help me identify the problem, compensate the complaintant,
etc. I am aware now, and I have thought about it, and the only difference I
can figure out in our daily specials is that we switched vegetables for a
stir fry, and every single customer thinks the new ones are better.

So the postcard did not help at all. If you have something to say, have the
guts to put your name on it. Guess I just needed to vent.  :-)
</rant>

<MG content>
Drove the MG 220 miles yesterday in, I think, a swimming pool (otherwise
known as western Ohio). Put the top up for the first time in...8-9 months at
least. Temperatures in the teens I can handle, but I would have been a
drowned rat yesterday.
</MG content>

Anyhow, the purpose of the drive was to find a more-fun foul weather car,
and so I now have a...

1971 VW Super Beetle.

Is there a list as good as this one for old beetles? At least now I have a
local VW nut to help me, but I know this list is worth it's weight in gold
(hm... how much does an email list weigh...well, anyhow, I mean no insult!)
and would like to find a comparable VW list. I'll check the team.net pages,
but personal preferences would be nice to hear.

-Mark
'75 MGB
'71 Bug
'71 Saab 95