Re: parts car

To: mmorris@nemr.net
Subject: Re: parts car
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:38:08 -0500
Monte,
  If the tires do not hold air, you will struggle to get  the car onto
the trailer because of lack of ground clearance.  Using the comealong is
OK, as is a winch, or a crew of strong guys.  You might find that the
brakes are stuck, or the clutch is stuck, and that makes pushing tough.
Drag tires with the comealong-it won't hurt anything if the tires slide
the few feet you have to move it.
   Consider taking the wheels from your good car with you. That way, if
those on the parts car are flat, you can swap and roll it.
Bob

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:16:51 -0800 "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
writes:
> Just bought a parts car that's 5 hours away. Several friends have,
> double-axled (maybe 16') trailers.
> I have a 2 WD Chevy, 350 pickup; will this pull the trailer and MGB
> without
> any brake assisting modifications?
> The parts car's tires are "rotted" off. Can I use a come-along to
> winch it
> onto the trailer, or is ther another method.
> I just hate to drive 5 hours and not be able to load it or bring it
> home.
> Thanks,
> Monte
> 79B
> 74B parts car-to-be (I feel important now:-)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///