Re: Overdrive - slipping clutch?

To: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive - slipping clutch?
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:19:57 -0000
The overdrive has a 'clutch' of sorts for both direct and indirect drive, so
it is quite possible for either to slip.  It sounds like you may have debris
in the hydraulics stopping the direct drive from fully engaging, possibly
stopping the indirect drive from disengaging also.  Remove the sump and
filter and see if there is any rubbish, which could be from the friction
material in the 'clutches' breaking up.