Re: Strange Ruff Running Engine Quiz

To: "Mike Winney" <mgb@cableone.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Strange Ruff Running Engine Quiz
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:31:46 -0000
If the tach was erratic then that indicates a problem in the ignition LT.
If two plugs were firing and two not then I would hazard a guess at a
problem inside the dizzie.  Very small gap and a bit of imbalance in the
dizzie cam lobes or shaft wobble?  But that doesn't explain why an immediate
restart was OK only for the problem to arise again shortly after.  A
heat-related problem i.e. a break or short in a wire would probably need
time to cool down and 'repair' and not allow an immediate restart.  Hmmm,
interesting.

Like the one in this months MGOC mag where the engine ran perfectly with the
bonnet up but not at all with it down.