Re: Steering wheel identity

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering wheel identity
From: ckotting@core.com
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 06:57:11 -0600 (CST)
It may not have been a screw loose (either yours or inside the dizzy).
I've had the rubbing block on a new set of points wear very quickly in
the first few hundred miles, then wear normally thereafter.  It seems
that either the stuff used for the rubbing blocks "work hardens"
initially, or takes some time to bed into the distributor cam.

> So why did points with only 700 miles on them slowly close?  Maybe
> because the installer didn't tighten the screw sufficiently, but I'd
> rather not talk about it.:->
> This sure points out the ability of these engines to run on just
> about any point gap though!
> Mike Winney
> '68 BGT---now running on all four

///