Re: Steering wheel identity

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel identity
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:39:09 -0700
I can't really say if this steering wheel came as a dealer option.
Clausager does not show this steering wheel type. But with the center MG
emblem, its well worn condition, and the appearance of another steering
wheel like it on a 67B from another lister, I'm still leaning towards the
theory that it was a dealer option. But I could be wrong.

  I was hoping someone else knew anything. My 67BGT appeared to be well
maintained and originality was intact with the exception of the door
mirrors which I hope to replace someday. Its not a bad steering wheel
although I had to put a leather cover on it. I'd prefer a good wood
steering wheel though.

David

At 10:10 AM 3/6/2002 -0800, Max Heim wrote:
>Well, my 66 B came with an extremely well-broken-in wood-rim wheel, with
>matching aluminum-with-wood-insert door pulls, but that does not mean they
>were factory or dealer options. After all, the car was 22 years old (with
>139K miles) when I bought it. Just because your car was low mileage doesn't
>mean a previous owner (maybe even the original owner) hadn't felt inspired
>to personalize it. After all, I don't think anyone could tell the difference
>between a 20-year-old steering wheel and one that was 22 years old...
>
>Thinking about it, it strikes me that a fancy wood rim steering wheel is
>precisely the sort of thing that an affectionate spouse might buy their
>newly-MG-besotted mate for a Christmas present (wildly speculating here)..

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///