Help HIF4 Balancing/Tuning

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help HIF4 Balancing/Tuning
From: Zach Dorsch <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:56:36 -0800 (PST)
Well I went ahead and tried to adjust the carbs.  I
thought that I understood the directions, but I guess
not.  I first tried adjusting the adjusting screws
because the car was running rich.  This was after I
had loosened all the clamps for the throttle
interconnection.  I was going by the manual and by the
instructions for the Unisyn.  It didn't run very well
after that, so I stopped by an import shop around here
today.  I wanted to find out if there was maybe a
baseline for what the needles should be set at.  He
told me that they should be about 1/16" above the
bottom of the opening of the intake on the carb (hope
that makes sense).  THen the car wouldn't run without
the choke on.  So I tried readjusting those back down
to where they were, and now it backfires when I rev
the engine.  This is my first attempt at this.

Zach

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///