Re: Better cooling

To: Lawrie@britcars.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Better cooling
From: CYNAMONB@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:46:23 EST
Lawrie

Distributor advance problems are a very good possibility. Have tried
basically every other sugestion. Opened the grille (even ran without it),
added the appropriate felt, tried 2 different radiators,  (one with 2
different cores and then a new one from Moss), cleaned out the block with a
stiff wire removing core plugs and drain petcock and properly installed the
large airhoses for the heater and the carbs.

The vacuum mechanism appears to be working properly so the next issue is
springs and counterweights. I have a timing light with a variable advance
mechanism, I will attempt to plot the advance at various RPM.

Bruce

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///