Re: Paint Color for 72 BGT restoration

To: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Paint Color for 72 BGT restoration
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:32:08 -0000
As well as PTs car pics the site below has scans of original paint chips
which are useful for comparison, click on 'Spanners' and 'Paint Chips'.

The horns should be 2-wire, purple and purple/black.  Test with a voltmeter
that you have 12v on the purple with the horn push operated.  If it drops
much below 12v, or isn't there at all, you have a bad connection back
towards the fuse (bottom fuse in the 4-way fusebox, also feeds internal
lights).  You should have the same 12v on the purple/black when the horn
push is NOT operated.  If you do not then the horns are bad.  Unlikely to be
both horns, but possible.  When the horn push is operated the 12v on the
purple/black shoud become a ground.  If it is much above 0v then you have a
bad connection back towards the horn push.  With collapsible columns this
can sometimes be caused by the connection between the column, rack and
cross-member.  I had this on my V8 so fitted a relay, I have heard of some
curing the problem with a ground strap between rack and body.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk