Heat in the B

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat in the B
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 15:59:49 -0500
Went on the first club outing this weekend and of course the weather turned
nasty the night before, was in the 70s on Thursday and only got to 40 on the
day of the trip.
Anyway, the hamster breath heater in the MGB was running at its peak
performance and we were still pretty cold.  It did generate enough heat to
clear the windscreen and at times would run warmer than at others.  Seems as
we cruised at highway speed the air temp it was putting out would drop to a
very chilly blow and if we idled for a while or climbed a good size hill it
would turn tepid warm again.
I would like to get the heater to work better, if it is at all possible.
Barring that I am looking at alternative solutions for heat. While at the
local AdvanceAuto store I spotted a ceramic heater that works off 12 volts
via the cig lighter.  It said on the box it pulled 150 watts and put out 550
BTU. I wonder if the wiring and fuses will handle that.  My US old car guys
said they use these stadium warmers that you stick in the microwave.  I
don't think I can convince my wife that the heater is doing a great job and
she must be getting ill.  Tried that all the way up and back.
Mike

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///