Re: need advice - mgbgt list group

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: need advice - mgbgt list group
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:03:07 -0600
David Councill wrote:

> Rick,
>
> The list owner's name is Charles (never got a last name). Judging from the
> replies I got on and off list, he undoubtedly got a significant number of
> people asking to subscribe just to check out what I was saying. So he is
> probably starting to deny requests to join.
>
> Between my venting on this list, and the support of those who emailed me, I
> have managed to cool off enough that I can reluctantly walk away from the
> situation and have it totally behind me. It was just a bummer to go on a
> great vacation and come back to such a bad situation. And I need to relax
> anyway because I have a large backlog of billable work, the revenues which
> are fueling a complete (and expensive) restoration of my 72B. Its still
> little more than a body shell though and I'm not sure when it will be on
> the road. I'm hoping this summer.
>
> David
>
> At 04:54 PM 3/18/2002 -0500, Rick Brown wrote:
> >David
> >Yesterday after reading this I requested to join this group on yahoo - as it
> >is  closed group the moderator has to approve the request.  Today i got a
> >"request to join the group has been denied" email.  I mainly wanted to join
> >to read the postings on your banishment - and also as I have a BGT wanted to
> >see if it was worth the time.  I belong to several Yahoo groups - including
> >the Twin Cam, Philly MG Club and British car club of the Lehigh Valley.
> >Don't let it bother you - just forget it - it isn't worth the time or
> >trouble.  Who is the moderator of this group?

I was accepted. I read David's message, clearly saying he was going
to start as co-moderator in a week and a half. I also read the
insulting post from "Charles." I then replied appropriately,
commented that I found this exchange disappointing and recommended
the lists at Autox. Then I unsubscribed.

This Charles should be forgiven his insane reaction; the poor chap
obviously is a phallocephalic suffering from fecocerebral disorder,
which gives him terrible delusions of competence. I'm hoping Yahoo
will pull his plug and his Mommie will take his 386 computer away.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm