RE: 4 synch in 62-67

To: "'David Randall'" <david.randall@sympatico.ca>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 4 synch in 62-67
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:42:27 -0800
David:

        Stand corrected.  The Saulsbury rear end will fit under the early
car too, if you ever wondered.  My old 65 B (now deceased) was fitted with
an all synchro box and 77 rear axle assembly.

        The only problem (short of Larry's comments) is that I had a devil
of a time reinstalling the engine onto the insitu transmission.  The bell
housing would not lift high enough without clearancing the firewall for the
starter bulge.  This may have been complicated by the deeper than stock oil
pan.  Next time I'll be sure to pull the entire power unit.

Kelvin

65 MGB Race Car w/4synch trans.

> I know this will not effect Mark-II+ cars, but my experience is that
> 4-synchro trannys will not fit in Mark-I cars because the Mark-I
> tranny-tunnel is narrower.
>
> Please correct me if I'm not.
>

> David
> '67 'B-GT