Re: Slick 50

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Slick 50
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 18:37:55 EST
I purchased the Slick 50 Engine Treatment (oil additive) and Transmission
treatment for my Spring oil change in 2000.  Before I had a chance to
actually do the cahgne, I went a bout a brand new Mustang convertible (I need
4 seatbelts....).

Here is an excerpt: from the Mustang owners manual oil change section:

Do not use supplemental engine oil additives, oil treatments or engine
treatments.  They are unnecessary and could, under certain conditions, lead
to engine damage which is not covered by your warranty.

Needless to say, I went with my straight Castrol 20w50.  The Slick 50 is
still sitting around on the shelf in the garage.  Oneof these days, I'll
offer it to my neighbor for use in his Rice Rocket ;-)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///